Ever asked yourself how to build muscles on a vegan diet? A vegan diet is now the new trend in the world and more and more people love it. This is because it has many benefits and it has been seen that through a vegan diet, a person has 10 years more lifespan.
This guide is all about learning how to build muscles on a vegan diet and how you can benefit from it daily.
In 2018, it was proved through a survey that every year the amount of people that follow a vegan diet is doubling.
How to Build Muscles on a Vegan Diet – Is it possible?
You can see hundreds of examples of building muscles on a vegan diet. Almost every healthy person usually is eating a plant-based diet. The actors and the models with perfect body shape eat a vegan diet. Here are some examples for you.
- Natural of 2009, Billy Simmonds is a vegan and he did all through a vegan diet.
- Kenneth G Williams and Jimi Sitko are also the top vegan bodybuilders.
Building muscles are not that tough if you have a correct diet. You can start again after you come to know about any mistake you were doing.
Here are some points that will help you to build muscles on a vegan diet. What should you do and what you have to do.
First of all, you should know that you have to get wholesome food. The food which contains all the proteins, healthy and low amount of fats and carbohydrates.
If you need proteins to build up your muscles, carbohydrates are required as the fuel of your mind and it helps you to be sharp and focused on your goals. Research has been shown that a low carbohydrate diet including high fat can even block and weaken the strength of muscles.
It was an experiment done on the rugby players. They were divided into two groups and the first group was provided with the diet containing high carbohydrates and low proteins and the other one was provided with high proteins and low carbohydrates. It was seen that there was a 5-pound increase in the muscle of the first group.
Protein and vitamins:
Proteins and vitamins are the most important components in building the muscles. If you are confused that how would you get the protein you were getting from the animals? Then you should be clear that there are thousands of protein sources in plant-based food and that is also very healthy.
- The protein digestibility corrected amino acid score (PDCAAS) determines the quality of protein and the ability of the human body to digest it. An egg has a high value of PDCAAS, for its substitution you can eat low-fat yogurt and milk, soy, and tofu.
- You can get it from the pulses and grains such as lentils.
- You can get it from vegan meat as there are many alternatives in the market.
You are required to take 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight if you are building your muscles. So if your weight is 80 kg or 176 pounds, then you have to take 176 grams of proteins.
Two vitamins that are B12 and vitamin D are not present in the plant food. This can make problems because B12 produces the red blood cells and its deficiency can cause severe anemia. Whereas, vitamin D has a function is bones and muscle development otherwise it will cause osteomalacia and rickets.
- You can get B12 from the supplements, vegan meat, nutritional yeast, and cereals.
- Vitamin D can be obtained from vegan fortified milk and exposure to the sun.
Consume healthily and enough calories:
Are you getting enough calories through a vegan diet? You have to find this answer on your own. You have to mold your diet in such a way that you get equal and enough amount of energy and calories. If you will not be getting enough calories than your body mass will be used to make the body’s energy.
- You can eat high-calorie food such as grains, nuts, and bananas as your meal or just as a snack. You also can take protein-based supplements. After you work out, drink the protein shake.
- Add almond butter and peanut butter in your smoothies as they are very good plant-based milk.
- Tofu and seaweeds are good sources of healthy fat and they complete your fatty acids and other minerals like zinc, magnesium requirements.
Carbohydrates and fiber:
Do not be afraid of carbohydrates. Many people do a mistake that they do not consume enough carbohydrates thinking it as a high level of sugars. But, it is very important and it is the main body fuel of the body. No one can deny its importance. You have to get it in an adequate amount and do no rush on it.
- For the carbohydrates, eat grapes and fruits. You should be low glycemic carbs such as present in whole wheat pasta, oatmeal, and black beans.
- Make sure that you are taking enough fiber because it helps in the muscle building and does not allow you to gain your weight. It is also very important in building the immune system.
- Green fresh vegetables, oatmeal, whole grains, nut, and legumes are good sources of fiber. Daily intake of fiber should be 25 to 30 grams.
Wondered how to build muscles on a vegan diet with vegan supplements? Vegan supplements are for the instant energy source. These include protein powder, vitamin D, and vitamin B12. They are not available in most of the plant-based food.
When you work out, your body needs pre and post-workout nutrients to fulfill your body’s energy deficiency. Note down that protein is the most important thing you have to get when you build your muscles. So get it from the healthy supplements too.
Do you search all the time about vegan recipes? Do you wanna improve your cooking skills at a new level? I have 150+ vegan recipes that you can use to improve your diet and more healthy.
- You will get a super simple, easy to cook tasty recipes
- No guesswork
- Full list of a grocery list
Click here to grab 150+ Vegan Recipes
You should no longer ask how to build muscle on a vegan diet with over 150+ recipes done for you to help you live, lift, and enjoy plant-based lifestyle!
Conclusion: How to Build Muscles on a Vegan Diet
You can and you have to build muscles using this diet. It is not only for making muscles, but it is also very important to be fit. You can just explore the internet and see how many athletes and bodybuilders use this diet and these things which you read above.
Now it is time to put the myths about plant-based diet into our lives. Be a game-changer and this era is for you. This era and time are not for the skinny muscles, but perfect body shape and muscles mean a perfect and sharp mind too.
Did you enjoy our guide on how to build muscles on a vegan diet? Let us know in the comments below.
Arnold Schwarzenegger said once that:
How to Build Muscles on a Vegan Diet - Consume protein and healthy calories, and get some Vegan supplements that have protein and vitamin D! 🌱 Click To Tweet
I have seen many bodybuilders and lifters that are vegetarian and get strong and healthy.